The SimStack Workflow Platform links software for nano- and advanced
materials simulation to the demands of nano- and materials R&D in the industrial sector and renders complex workflows into market ready products on the basis of three innovative modules:
The SimStack Workflow Client is an easy-to-use graphical user interface for workflow execution by the end-user and features:
- Automated execution of workflows on remote computing resources in just a few clicks in combination with the SimStack Server
- Drag-and-drop modification and extension of existing workflows, including software packages from many sources that were integrated into SIMSTACK
- Low maintenance and light end-user installation: Only the Workflow Client is installed at the end-user.
- Incorporation of modules from any source (academic codes or commercial tools) in less than an hour including the automated generation of a graphical user interface for any type of code.
- therefore allows rapid prototyping by efficient incorporation of new scientific software and verification of data transfer between individual modules
The SimStack Server is the module on remote computational resources, either in-house or as on the cloud for on-demand SaaS (Software as a Service), providing the following advantages:
- Hidden complexity of job submission, monitoring and file transfer in combination with the SimStack Client
- On-demand scaling and pay-per-use of cloud resources eliminate up-front costs
- Limited time and cost for setup of modeling solutions, as only the SimStack Client is installed at the end-user, while complex software modules reside on the remote resource.
- Workflow developers can provide their Simpack based, market-ready workflow products in form of pay-per-use overlays on cloud computing resources. This generates an extensive network for developers of modeling solutions and end-users in industrial R&D.
The Simstack WaNo Architect (under development) is an intelligend graphical editor that:
- assists the incorporation of software into standardized Workflow active Nodes (WaNo)
- maximizes productivity of the developers while minimizing training periods
- provides an installation free test-bed in combination with the Simstack SimPack